Foster Youth Scholarship Application
Are you interested in applying for the BBFFA Foster Youth Scholarship?
If so, please do the following steps:
- Read all the information listed below.
- Download the Application Form (11KB Adobe Acrobat file – click here to download Acrobat Reader)
- Fill out the form and send it to the address listed below.
About the Scholarship
The scholarship is intended to assist current and former foster, adoptive, and kinship care young adults with bettering themselves through further education.
Each scholarship is for $1000. The number of scholarships available may vary each year, and is subject to funding.
Who Can Apply
- Young adults between the age of 17 and 21 (as of August 1st of the year applying)
- Who were in the custody of Boulder County Dept of Social Services or Broomfield County Health and Human Services while in foster, adoptive, or licensed kinship care at anytime in their past
- Who are planning to attend post-secondary education with classes starting some time between June 1st of the current year and February 1st of the following year
How to Apply
Fill out this application and send it along with all the required paperwork to:
24 Princeton Circle
Longmont, CO 80503
Additional applications can be downloaded from our website at www.bbffa.org
Applications must be postmarked by May 15th.
How will I know if I am selected?
If you have not been selected, you will receive a thank you letter.
If you are selected, you will receive an acceptance letter to sign and return before receiving your scholarship money.
In either case, you will be notified by July 1st.
Can I reapply next year?
Yes, you may reapply next year whether or not you were selected this year.
Who do I contact with questions?
Send an email to email@example.com